Health Benefits of Holy Basil
Tulsi is an aromatic perennial plant with lots of medicinal uses in the basil family Lamiaceae (Ocimum sanctum) that is native to the Indian subcontinent and now grows native throughout the eastern world tropics.
Tulsi is one of the oldest herbs well-known to humankind, Medicinal Uses of tulsi leaves and also tulsi’s healing and healthful properties have been the most treasured knowledge across the planet.
The tulsi plant is uncovered over 5000 years ago.
Tulsi plant is worshipped in the mornings and evenings by the individuals, especially in the Indian Sub Continent.
Due to varied vital benefits of tulsi, it is currently widely familiar not only in India but also in the Western World.
Several studies and various amounts of analysis are done to search out the therapeutic effects of this super herb.
Within Ayurveda, tulsi is known as “The Exceptional One,” “Mother Medicine of Nature,” and “The Queen of Herbs” and also popularly known as an “elixir of life” that is without equal for both its medicinal and spiritual properties.
Tulsi is popularly better-known for its medicinal properties and uses. it’s super healing power and it is an inexpensive herb.
Across the Indian subcontinent, Tulsi is seen in almost every household.
Tusi is cultivated for spiritual and medical purposes and additionally for its essential oil that is usually utilized in Ayurveda.
Properties of Medicinal Tulsi
- Guna: Laghu(light), Rooksha(dry)
- Rasa(Taste): Katu(pungent), Tikta(bitter)
- Veerya(Power or Potency): Ushna(hot)
- Vipaka(transformed state after digestion): Katu
- Prabhava(a special quality): Krumighna(antimicrobial)
The Action of Tulsi on Body
- Because of ushna nature, it subsides Kapha and vatha.
- It is deepana (improves appetite).
- Help to Improve Pachana (digestive fire).
- Anulomana-Brings the unwanted or undigested foods to the rectum.
- krimigna-destroys worms.
- Good for Hridya-it is good for the heart.
- Raktashodhak-purifies blood.
- It acts as kasahara (reduces cough).
- shwasahara (reduces wheezing and phlegm).
- kshaya nashaka-helps to cure tuberculosis also.
- Seeds act as mootrala (diuretic).
- sukrala (improves sperm count).
- twakdoshahara-Useful in skin disorders.
- Jwaragna and sheetha prashamana-helps to reduce fever and cold.
- Daily intake will improve immunity (Vishagna and balya).
Medicinal Uses of Tulsi Leaves
Tulsi leaves are utilized in a variety of culinary preparations. in addition to the flavour, the culinary herb is said to sustain and improves the properties of the food.
From a healthy digestive system to stronger immunity, the advantages of tulsi leaves are quite a lot.
Basil plant usually has green leaves and brown stems.
Although all the parts of basil- stems, roots, leaves, and seeds- are helpful for various purposes, however as natural medication, its leaves and seeds are used widely.
Tulsi is wealthy in vitamin A, vitamin C, vitamin K, iron, magnesium, calcium, and manganese.
Tulsi has anti-bacterial, anti-fungal, anti-aging, anti-oxidant, anti-inflammatory, restorative, and aromatic properties.
It is used as a natural remedy for viral infections, strengthening immunity, reproductive system, cardiovascular system, and combating and treating numerous hair and skin disorders, common health, and lifestyle-related problems.
Also, the leaves of basil work as a tonic and facilitate to sharpen memory. It is also used in various cosmetic products for skin care because of its anti-aging, anti-oxidant, anti-inflammatory, restorative, and aromatic properties.
Holy Basil Benefits
Here are the top 10 Home Remedies Of Tulsi Leaves:
- To Increase EyeSight: Take some Basil Juice in Lukewarm water, add some alum powder in it and give a warm bath to the eyelids.
- Joint Pain: Drink Tulsi leaves Juice on an empty stomach. It will be very beneficial if you take panch tulsi Ras.
- To increase Sex Drive: Mix Tulsi root or seed churna (powder) in organic Jaggery and consume it along with lukewarm Desi cow Milk (A2 milk). This surely helps to boost sex drive. Also, you can keep chewing the Pieces of tulsi root.
- Arthritis: Take powder of 5 parts of tulsi (Leaves, Flower, Stem, Seed, and Root) and mix it with organic Jaggery powder and consume along with goat milk.
- Brain Weakness: Take tulsi Leaves soaked water in the early morning. Take basil leaves, almonds, and black pepper-Mix all these ingredients in Honey, this will act as a tonic for the mind.
Take Tulsi and Bhrami Churna and mix it with mishri and take an empty stomach. This will help to improve brain weakness and thus also increase memory power.
- For Cough: Mix an equal quantity of Tulsi juice, Honey and Ginger Juice and consume it before a meal. It will definitely help you to get relief from Cough.
- Normal Fever: Make Kadha (Decoction) of Tulsi and black pepper using water. It will help to maintain the temperature of the body.
- To increase Sperm Count: Taking Tulsi seed and root churna (powder) along with water helps to increase and improve the quantity and quality of Sperm.
- Hair Fall and Hair whitening: Rinse or wash your head with Dried Tulsi leaves powder Along with Alma Powder. Along with this, you can try Balayam Yoga to Improve Hair fall and Hair related Problems.
- Viral Disease: Every day early morning consuming 5 fresh leaves of tulsi will help to boost immunity and helps the body to fight against Viral Diseases.
Also, share the Medicinal Uses of Tulsi with your dear ones and conjointly help them to combat the various health issues.
Thanks for visiting Vedic Yoga Ayurveda
Namaste! Jai Hind!!